Synesis One (referred to as "we" and"our" and "us") understands and respects your desire to maintain your privacy. It is our priority to maintain your privacy in all of your dealings with us, including through your use of Workspace by Synesis One, a data crowdsourcing micro-task marketplace app (“App”).
We may in the course of providing our services to you be required to collect your personal information.
We are headquartered in the Cayman Islands and our services are provided to you by us. This policy was written in English. To the extent a translated version conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
What information is covered under this policy?
Common examples include your name, username, password, IP address, unique device identifiers, gender, signature, address, telephone number, email, date of birth, bank account and digital wallet details, billing and credit or debit card details, photos and videos of you, other identification credentials and biographical details, and commentary or opinions about you.
We also collect information about your location and IP address in order to monitor and curb possible attempts to maliciously gain unfair advantages over the platform. You may turn location monitoring on and off but, if you disable this functionality, we will not be able accurately assess the validity of your activities on the app which may prevent you from earning SNS tokens for completing various tasks.
Personal information that we may collect from you
We may collect some or all of the following types of personal information:
- information that you give us through your dealings with us;
- information that we may collect from you; and
- information that we may receive from you from other third party sources.
How personal information is collected
You may choose not to provide some of the personal information described above. Please note, however, that some of our services may, in the present or in the future, require some personal information to operate, so if you choose not to provide the personal information necessary to operate and provide you with a particular service or feature of that service, you may not be able to use that service or feature.
Information that you give us
We may collect your personal information directly from our contact with you. This may include by you completing forms or parts of our website, Social Media, App and/or other software and/or mobile applications, by you providing us with consent to access personal information, or by you contacting us via the email, telephone, through Social Media and other similar functions either directly through our website or the App or through third party host websites, in person, through various marketing channels or competitions either directly through our website or the App or through third party host websites, and surveys.
You understand that any personal information that you provide to us must be accurate and up to date. We will assume this to be the case.
Information that we collect about you
Our website, Social Media, App and/or other software and/or mobile applications may automatically collect the following information about you each time you visit or otherwise use our website, Social Media, App and/or other software and/or mobile applications:
- technical information including but not limited to the Internet Protocol Address used to connect your device to the internet, the internet browser and version that you are using when accessing our website, Social Media, App, or other software and/or mobile applications, any additional plug-ins that you are using, and your device’s operating system and platform; and
- information about the time and date you accessed our website, Social Media, App, or other software and/or mobile applications and what you accessed on our website, Social Media, App, or other software and/or mobile applications. This includes links that you clicked on, what content you accessed, how long you accessed that content for, whether you downloaded any content, whether supplied by us or downloaded from a third party host, and how you navigated to and from our website, Social Media, App, or other software and/or mobile applications to other sites, apps, or other pages hosted by us.
How we use your personal information
Provide, improve, and develop the Synesis One platform. Such as to:
- enable you to access the Synesis One platform, including all of its sites and apps, and make and receive payments,
- enable you to communicate with other users,
- process your request,
- perform analytics, debug, and conduct research,
- provide customer service, training,
- send you messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- personalize and customize your experience on the platform based on your interactions with Synesis One, your micro-task preference and performance history, your profile, and other content you submit, and
- administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by Synesis One or its third party partners,
Create and maintain a trusted and safer environment. Including to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security and safety incidents, and other harmful activity,
- study and combat any activity stemming from malicious intent from all Builders, Validators, and Architects
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information provided by you,
- resolve any disputes between Builders, Validators, and Architects should they arise, and
- enforce our agreements with third parties
Provide payment services. Personal information may be used to enable, or authorize us and/or third parties to use, payment services such as to:
- detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, abuse, and security incidents,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations), and
- provide and improve payment services
Certain of your personal data may be shared with other players of the App as part of the normal operation of our services. Additionally, we may, from time to time, expand or withdraw our business which may involve the transfer of certain of our divisions or assets to other parties, and the data we store and use, where relevant, may be transferred to such third parties.
In addition we may utilize overseas IT services (including software, platforms and infrastructure), such as data storage facilities or other IT infrastructure. In such cases, we may own or control such overseas infrastructure or we may have entered into contractual arrangements with third party service providers to assist us with providing our services to you.
As we utilize cross border IT services and platforms which can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it is not always practicable to know where your information may be held.
Legal obligations to disclose
We may be required to disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and also subject to our legal obligations:
- as required by law,
- to any person where necessary or desirable in connection with our provision of services, and
- on a confidential basis to our external service providers and advisors.
To be clear, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information to any of our business partners, suppliers, subcontractors or the like, advertisers and other advertising networks, analytics and search engine providers and other third parties provided the disclosure of your personal information is for the purpose or ancillary to the services that we or these third parties offer you and for the purposes the information was originally collected.
You understand that we are authorized to disclose your personal information to third parties if we buy or sell any business or assets, including our business, if we are under a duty to disclose your information, or if the disclosure of your personal information is necessary for us to conduct an investigation into any unlawful activity that we know or suspect has or may be engaged in.
You consent to the disclosure of all information necessary for our company to comply with any relevant reporting obligations (if any) for legal obligations such as anti-money laundering regulations.
Our website and/or App and/or other mobile applications use "cookies". Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored in your web browser. These pieces of data will allow our website and/or App and/or other mobile applications to remember who you are and to obtain information from you which allows us to deliver you a better and more customized service.
We will use both persistent cookies, which could remain on your device until their expiration (which can be, in some cases, up to 10 years), and session cookies, which are temporary files removed from your device once your browser is closed.
You can access and update some of your personal information through your Account settings. If you connected to Synesis One via a third-party service, such as Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and unlink that service in your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date.
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting us by emailing email@example.com.
In some jurisdictions, you can request that your personal information be deleted. Please note that if you request deletion of your personal information, or if your account is suspended, terminated, or voluntarily closed:
- We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend an account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain information about that account to prevent that member from creating a new account on Synesis One in the future
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Synesis One may keep payout information for tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g. micro-task submissions) will continue to be publicly visible on Synesis One, even after your Synesis One account is canceled. However, attribution of such information to you may or may not be removed. Some copies of your information (e.g. transaction history) will remain in our database and on the blockchain, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we take measures to protect data from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
While no organization can guarantee perfect security, we are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration.